Residential Sales
Residential Lettings
Property Management
Value my Home
Mailing List
Why Use Hind?
Contact Us
Hind Estates

Energy Performance Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate shows the official energy efficiency rating of a property. If you're not planning to sell your home, you don't need to do anything.

By 2009, all buildings in the UK that are constructed, sold or rented out will have to have an Energy Performance Certificate, in accordance with the European Energy Performance of Buildings Directive.

Energy Performance Certificates tell you how energy efficient a home is on a scale of A-G. The most efficient homes - which should have the lowest fuel bills - are in band A.

The Certificate also tells you, on a scale of A-G, about the impact the home has on the environment. Better-rated homes should have less impact through carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.

The average property in the UK is in bands C-E for both ratings. The Certificate includes recommendations on ways to improve the home's energy efficiency to save you money and help the environment.

Rental Properties

As from 1st October 2008 all premises let to rent will require an Energy Performance Certificate.

Hind Estates Ltd are pleased to announce that we now have our own ‘In House’ Domestic Energy Assessor who is fully accredited to assess and issue Energy Performance Certificates.

For free advice please make an appointment to speak to the assessor who will try and answer any of your concerns you have regarding the rating of your home.


Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | © Hind Estates Ltd 2007 | Site by The Property Jungle